.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Heavy-Handed Politics

"€œGod willing, with the force of God behind it, we shall soon experience a world
without the United States and Zionism."€ -- Iran President Ahmadi-Nejad

Thursday, October 27, 2005

MIERS WITHDRAWS

The news of the day (although the day is young and the left is still awaiting their daily predictions to come true that indictments will come in the Plame drama) is that Harriet Miers has withdrawn her nomination.

I, knowing nothing about her at the start, supported the President's choice and was all for letting the process play out. I did not jump on the early bandwagon of speaking against her nomination. I had recently, however, shifted to the neutral column on her appointment.

Now she has withdrawn, and I am comfortable with that. I strongly feel that this is all part of the process. No, she did not get her hearings before the committee, which I initially thought she should get; this largely in part because I knew nothing of her at the start. But the more people learned of her, the larger the groundswell became and wanted her withdrawal. The people spoke, and she and the President listened, although they did not like what they were hearing. It is all part of the process.

Now, I am really curious as to how President Bush reacts to this. And ultimately, will the foolish 14 gang of fourteen come into play.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home