.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Heavy-Handed Politics

"€œGod willing, with the force of God behind it, we shall soon experience a world
without the United States and Zionism."€ -- Iran President Ahmadi-Nejad

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

GLOBAL WARMING

I have read where it is predicted that global warming (GW) is going to kill off penguins, polar bears, and corral reefs. Not to mention it's destroying the snow skiing trade. Hunters are feeling the affects of GW. Ice polar caps are melting. The coasts of the U.S. are going to be under water. GW is causing hurricanes.

I must admit that as much as I did not care for these forecasts (after all, I am a caring and sensitive guy), I convinced myself that I could withstand these problematic events. I am not a skier. I am not a hunter. As of yet, I have not journeyed to, nor am I planning on making the trek to the frozen tundra where the penguins and polar bears reside. I have never seen them in their natural habitat, and most likely never will. I don't live on the coasts; I live in middle America ... far from the advancing water lines. No hurricanes here in middle America either.

Tragedies all, for sure. But I was confident that I could suck it up. I can weather the storm, so to speak. But then ... a new story broke on GW. One, I know, I cannot cope with. I have been lying in a fetal position since the story broke. I was able to muster up enough gumption to make my way to the keyboard. I am having thoughts of harikari. It's over. It seems as though we are all doomed. We are all going to be victims of poison ivy.

2 Comments:

  • Frankly i think these global warming chicken littles are out of thier minds

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:05 PM  

  • Many are, 'methinks'.

    It's all about funding. (Well, maybe not ALL, but mostly about funding; at least from the "expert" scientists perspective.)

    The Federal government only "gives" so much money, as grants, for research, although it is not a small amount by any means.

    But what it does mean is that global warming research has to compete with AIDS research, bird flu research, and a seemingly endless number of other research programs, for the research funds.

    Hence, whomever can become the most successful at propagandizing the "seriousness" of "their problem", will get a lions share of the research money.

    So it behooves them to do their "Chicken Little" routine.

    Frankly, I am tired of their tripe.

    By Blogger HeavyHanded, at 4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home