.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Heavy-Handed Politics

"€œGod willing, with the force of God behind it, we shall soon experience a world
without the United States and Zionism."€ -- Iran President Ahmadi-Nejad

Saturday, September 09, 2006

What’s Discrimination?
By Walter E. Williams
There's so much confusion and emotionalism about discrimination that I thought I'd take a stab at a dispassionate analysis. Discrimination is simply the act of choice. When we choose Bordeaux wine, we discriminate against Burgundy wine. When I married Mrs. Williams, I discriminated against other women. Even though I occasionally think about equal opportunity, Mrs. Williams demands continued discrimination. Our lives are spent discriminating for or against one thing or another. In other words, choice requires discrimination. Imagine how silly, not to mention impossible, life would be if discrimination were outlawed…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home