.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Heavy-Handed Politics

"€œGod willing, with the force of God behind it, we shall soon experience a world
without the United States and Zionism."€ -- Iran President Ahmadi-Nejad

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Place your bets on the grown-ups

"This is it. The final days, the home stretch. We head into the weekend and then to the polls on Tuesday for what might just be one of the most important elections of our lifetime.

I don’t ever remember feeling so tired.

I’m tired of hearing people try to make excuses for people like John Kerry. I’m tired of hearing pollsters and pundits project a big victory for Democrats this Tuesday. I’m tired of hearing the vicious, bitter attacks on our President’s character by the likes of people like Keith Olbermann, a pseudo-intellectual Manhattan elitist who appears to be having the sort of on-air meltdown that the fictitious movie newsman Howard Beale of ‘Network’ had. I’m tired of the mainstream press relishing every bit of bad news out of Iraq or about the economy, while virtually ignoring all the positive stuff.

Most of all, I’m just tired of fighting.

But I’m not close to stopping. The stakes are too high. There might just be enough people on the fence that could be persuaded into doing the right thing on November 7th. And so I’m going to try." Read the rest of the article written by Mike Gallagher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home