.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Heavy-Handed Politics

"€œGod willing, with the force of God behind it, we shall soon experience a world
without the United States and Zionism."€ -- Iran President Ahmadi-Nejad

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

DON IMUS

The Don Imus flap is taking on a life of its own. As is usual in cases such as this, there is no shortage of those who want to fan the flames on these kinds of matters, and they garner more coverage than they deserve.

I have not commented on this yet and I do not intend to give it much of my attention either. I intend on making a couple of points since it is so "newsworthy" and then let it die a peaceful death - for now at least.

What he said was mean spirited, stupid, and insensitive.

I repeat: what he said was mean spirited, stupid, and insensitive.

Having said that, all that he is required to do is give an apology, a heart-felt apology to the Rutger's girls basketball team ONLY.

They can choose to accept it - or not.

In addition, there should NOT be ONE member of the team that is hurt, crushed, or in any way be adversely affected by what this idiot said. We cannot as human beings, allow ourselves to give this much power to someone over our own self esteem.

And that brings me to another principle of liberalism:
To be a good liberal you have to believe that self-esteem is more important than actually doing something to earn it.

If you have worked hard to achieve things in life and you have proven yourself to yourself, and to others that are important to you, you will have earned your self-esteem and no matter what some crotchety old man says - it will not matter to you at all. You have the power. Don't give it up to someone else.

4 Comments:

  • I'm just tired of the double standards here. He called them nappy haired hoes, no where in that was anything racial.

    But you want to make this a racial issue, I personally am going to call for the removal of all rappers that use the word, Nigga, Cracka or any other naughty word used to describe a race.

    If people want to talk about minorities, what about the real minority in this country: single, white males above the age of 25 that don't have kids.

    By Blogger 87254600001879, at 6:08 PM  

  • I AM MAKING it racial????

    How so?

    Read my post again. Furthermore, you're are giving me more power than I have.

    By Blogger HeavyHanded, at 9:15 AM  

  • Sorry man, I wasn't trying to say -you- specifically, I was refering to the plural "You" in the media and the basketball team. As I reread my comment I can see how you got that though, that's my fault. Just change that you to They. I do apologize.

    By Blogger 87254600001879, at 11:35 AM  

  • Gotcha. Sorry for the confusion.

    By Blogger HeavyHanded, at 5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home