.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Heavy-Handed Politics

"€œGod willing, with the force of God behind it, we shall soon experience a world
without the United States and Zionism."€ -- Iran President Ahmadi-Nejad

Monday, April 23, 2007

HARRY REID ...WHAT A MORON

"Mr. Clean", a/k/a "Dingy Harry" was up in arms over the recent 5:4 ruling on partial birth abortion, saying how he wishes for the days of Justice O'Connor and laments Alito's appointment to the Supreme Court.

Yet, in 2003, "Mr. Clean" voted for the law banning the procedure, which passed and Bush signed into law.

Interesting? No?

Robert Novak asked him about this and "Dingy" said no, that, "he was talking about other decisions by Alito".

What a bunch of bull excrement. Do you think we are morons? You are the moron, sir. You think you can vote one way .... say something to the complete opposite ... and we won't catch it?

And when we do, you come up with some response this lame ... and we are going to buy it?

Fat chance "Dingy!" Read Novak here:

Partial Pro-Life Democrats
By Robert D. Novak

2 Comments:

  • I agree with you completely, H-H, depending on the meaning of the word ‘we’. You and me and other conservatives, as I am sure was your definition? Absolutely. Liberals and the Media? (But I repeat myself.) Not a chance. More importantly, not those I have referred to in the past as the MIC’s, moderates, independents, centrists and whatever other self sycophantic term they may choose to call themselves. These are the people who take their voting seriously, but not their politics. They ignore politics up and until it comes time to vote. Then they pay attention. The result is that they are influenced by whatever it is that the candidates are then saying in regard to whatever situation then obtains but are blissfully ignorant of what those same candidates have said and done in the intervening periods. How else to explain the immediate improvement in polling numbers and ultimate election success of those politicians who habitually cater to whatever the national mode is at election times in complete opposition to their actual past words and deeds?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:51 AM  

  • I believe we have touched on this issue before, anotmo. And you are so right when it comes to the MIC's.

    I admit, I used to be in this category; I took my voting seriously ... I took this right and this responsiblity seriously ... I was aware of the sacrifices made by others so that I could have this privilege and could exercise this right.

    But it has been a transformation ... slow at first .. starting maybe a decade or so ago ...getting from point 'A', that being as you said "ignore[ing] politics up and until it comes time to vote. [And only] then ... pay attention. [Being] influenced by whatever it is that the candidates are then saying in regard to whatever situation then obtains but are blissfully ignorant of what those same candidates have said and done in the intervening periods."

    (Been there, done that)

    To point B ... to the point where I am today ... so when I go into the voting booth ... I am an informed voter.

    Sad to say, wasn't always that way.

    By Blogger HeavyHanded, at 9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home