.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Heavy-Handed Politics

"€œGod willing, with the force of God behind it, we shall soon experience a world
without the United States and Zionism."€ -- Iran President Ahmadi-Nejad

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Liberals' Desire To Be Loved Is Their Achilles' Heel

I have spent a good part of my life trying to understand people I disagree with, whether on the right or the left, whether members of my own religion or of other religions or of no religion.

In particular, I have wanted to understand people who hold leftist positions. Many people who hold them are personally decent, some very much so -- yet they hold positions that I believe increase cruelty (e.g., advocating withdrawal from Iraq); increase criminality (e.g., more lenient attitudes toward punishing criminals); hasten the decline of Western society (e.g., pushing multiculturalism); and undermine liberty (e.g., expanding government, passing more and more laws, taking away ever larger percentages of citizens' money).

Read more of Dennis Prager

Blogged with Flock

1 Comments:

  • That was an excellent observation by Mr. Prager. I have always understood that those on the Left hold themselves in what should be embarrassingly high regard but thought it to be a consequence of narcissism as with their esteemed Bill Clinton. This article leads me to extend that view. Perhaps it is not conceit so much as it is longing? Perhaps it is the Lefts idea of personal responsibility; a kind of secular religious twist of ‘Love thyself as ye would have others love you’? Not especially fulfilling from my perspective but it seems to work for them.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home