.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Heavy-Handed Politics

"€œGod willing, with the force of God behind it, we shall soon experience a world
without the United States and Zionism."€ -- Iran President Ahmadi-Nejad

Friday, October 05, 2007

LACKING BELIEVABILITY

Stephen Moore of Opinion Journal today writes 'GOP Tax Dilemma: After years of waste in Congress, voters aren't buying the party's fiscal message.

I ever-so-eloquently made this same point just a little over a week ago when I posted a link to a column written by John Boehner, 'Pork Barrel Stonewall.' in which Boehner said House Repubs were launching another effort to stop Congress from stuffing spending projects into bills in attempt to hide them from public scrutiny and proper debate.

My response then was: This would be good policy. However, Mr. Boehner, with all due respect, when it comes to spending, the Republucan party has lost all respect. It's one thing for the Democrats to spend, spend, spend... it's what they do... we have come to expect it. When the Republicans start spending like drunken Dems, you lose all credibility. You start talking about 'fiscal responsibility' and the sort, I then get an attack of MEGO. (My eyes glaze over.)

It appears Mr. Moore agrees with me on this and I haven't changed my mind:
You have no credibility on the issue of financial responsibility of tax payers money and spending.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home