.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Heavy-Handed Politics

"€œGod willing, with the force of God behind it, we shall soon experience a world
without the United States and Zionism."€ -- Iran President Ahmadi-Nejad

Monday, December 08, 2008

Breaking Up

By Robert Ringer

Back in the early eighties, when I was publishing my newsletter The Tortoise Report, the thought crossed my mind that the crumbling U.S. empire might find itself breaking up into smaller pieces - as Rome and the British Empire did.

When it comes to ruling over people, even I agree that bigness is bad. The most recent example of this is the former Soviet Union. With its satellite countries biting at its ankles at an accelerating pace and its troops bogged down in Afghanistan, the bitter truth finally came to the surface: With all its military might, the thugs in Moscow couldn't control the disintegration of their "Union."

When I first started thinking about the possibility of the U.S. breaking up into independent states or regions, it seemed to me that people in places like Wyoming and Utah would simply grow tired of supporting welfare mothers in New York City and the unemployed in Chicago - and say "Enough!"

But now I realize that it's a lot more complicated than that. The problem with my vision was that it didn't take into account that, through the magic of gradualism, all fifty states would become infected with the HIV virus (Handouts in Volume).

Please Click Here to read the rest of Breaking up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home