.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Heavy-Handed Politics

"€œGod willing, with the force of God behind it, we shall soon experience a world
without the United States and Zionism."€ -- Iran President Ahmadi-Nejad

Friday, January 21, 2005

Social Security

I am re-posting my earlier 2-part post on Social Security. Notice I was quite critical of our legislators for sticking their head in the sand on this issue. They are politicizing this issue to advance their own agendas over the common good of the people - all the people. This is not, at least SHOULD NOT be, a Democrat/Republican, liberal/conservative issue.


In part 2, I specifically stated that since they had their own government retirement plan free of all encumbrances of Social Security, they may not be as "critically motivated" as you and I on this issue.


With that in mind I bring you this quote: "Why stir up a political hornet's nest . . . When there is no urgency?" said Republican congressman Rob Simmons (Conn.). When does the program go belly up? 2042. I will be dead by then."

With an attitude such as this and a lack of foresight, this man is worthy of a recall.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home