.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Heavy-Handed Politics

"€œGod willing, with the force of God behind it, we shall soon experience a world
without the United States and Zionism."€ -- Iran President Ahmadi-Nejad

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Immigration

I have posted links to these two articles that I just came across that I think encapsulates the general problem with immigration as I see it. The problem is that there is so many layers to this problem and it is an "emotional" subject.

Yesterday I heard Mark Bellings, a radio talk show host that I don't hear too often, speak on immigration. I was quite surprised to hear what he was saying; it was as if he was reading my mind (or my website ramblings) although I am quite certain he is doing neither. There is probably a much better chance that he is reading my mind.

Although he expressed a couple of things I did not agree with, in large part I did. Due to the complexity of the issue and its many facets, my biggest concern is that we end up doing little or nothing. It's all debate and inaction. Paralysis by analysis, if you will. Meanwhile, the "phenomena" ( I heard someone use this term and I thinks it's a silly term to use in this debate) continues and continues at a faster pace. If we do nothing at the borders, in the not-so-distant future, it will be 25 million illegal immigrants. Then we will have 5 million people marching the streets waving Mexican flags, shouting "Mexico, Mexico!" This, by the way, does not endear me to your cause.

Bottom line is that there are too many issues to try and address all at once, and therefore too easy to get bogged down, thus leading to inaction. Secure the borders first, deal with all the myriad of issues later. This is common sense. Stop the insanity. And stop sidetracking the issue, by making it into a racial issue -it is not.

Senators Divided on Illegal Immigrants
Washington Post - United States
By SUZANNE GAMBOA. WASHINGTON -- Should they stay or should they go, those 11 million illegal immigrants living in the United States? ...

Expect more immigrants unless the nation acts
The Decatur Daily - Decatur,AL,USA
It's because the number of illegal immigrants, who are mostly Hispanics, increases exponentially. In 1990, almost half of these ...

2 Comments:

  • As the old adage goes, there is only one way to eat an elephant. One bite at a time. Our elected officials would serve America better if they could break this down into smaller chunks.
    say:
    1 -- The Border Security
    2 -- enforce employer penalty's
    3 -- When they show up for medical care, serve the need then deport.
    4 -- Check all ID for authenticity when making any stop.
    5 -- Pay Mexico half what it costs us to imprison their own citizens who have done major crimes in the US.
    6 -- Collect real data on workers needed then adjust the visa allowances accordingly
    7 -- Create clear preferred entry status for supporting nations who we wish workers to originate from


    We could go on and on taking each economic and personal issue to task. We could probably come up with a list of a hundred or so. We may even need to toy with the order. Closing the border to entry has got to be number one.

    By Blogger ablur, at 12:56 PM  

  • I don't have a problem with any of your ideas except I would need you to elaborate on point #5.

    By Blogger HeavyHanded, at 1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home