.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Heavy-Handed Politics

"€œGod willing, with the force of God behind it, we shall soon experience a world
without the United States and Zionism."€ -- Iran President Ahmadi-Nejad

Monday, November 26, 2007

The 35W Bridge Collapse

As I have previously noted on this blog, one of my daughters was on this very road that day about 1/4 of a mile from it when it collapsed on August 1, 2007. She was on her way to a Minnesota Twins baseball game with her fiancee.

Her twin sister was on her way to the ball game, coming from Savage with her boyfriend, and they were to meet at the ballpark.

I had some anxious moments when I heard the breaking news while driving because I knew my one daughter would be crossing that bridge.

One of the survivors, Mercedes Gorden, is a friend and co-worker of my daughter from Savage.

The Minneapolis Star and Tribune has an amazing recap of the tragic collapse of the 35W bridge in Minneapolis, Minnesota that took place.

I don't know how long the link will be active, but if you clink on the link below, you will get a short flash presentation and then a picture of the collapsed bridge with a bunch of circles with numbers dotting the map, representing the various cars and their occupants.

If you click on a number, you will get a short video presentation about that victim.

The many stories of survival

Minneapolis Star Tribune
Updated: 11/26/07 - 5:39 AM


"Thirteen people died and hundreds of lives were changed the day the I-35W bridge fell. Hear the many stories of survival as part of our interactive presentation that shows where the cars were and who was in them."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home